Baileyville Comprehensive Plan Update
The Baileyville Comprehensive Plan Update was completed in 2014.
It was found Consistent with the Growth Management Act on July 18, 2014 and will be voted on for local adoption at the Town Meeting in March, 2015.
Links to the individual chapters and maps that comprise the Baileyville Comprehensive Plan are provided below.
Map 1. Location 2MB
Map 4. Land Cover 1.5MB
Map 5. Water Resources 1.2MB
Map 6. Critical Habitat 1.3MB
Map 8. Transportation 1.4MB
Map 9. Current Land Use 1.7MB
Appendix C. State Policies
Appendix D. Evaluation Measures
Ways in Which Baileyville's Community Members Were Involved
Community members participated throughout the Comprehensive Plan Update process through a variety of means.
- The Comprehensive Plan Update Committee itself was composed of a broad cross section of individuals from the town including small business owners, current and former Planning Board and Comprehensive Plan Committee members, municipal officials, and representatives from civic organizations.
- The activities and draft documents of the Comprehensive Plan Committee were posted on the web site of the Washington County Council of Governments who provided consulting support to the town in the preparation of the Update.
- Public input was solicited in several ways:
- A town-wide survey was mailed to all resident and non-resident property owners in November of 2012.
- Regular monthly meetings were made open to the public.