2014 ROQUE BLUFFS COMPREHENSIVE PLAN UPDATE MEETINGS
Regular meetings held 6-8 PM; 2nd Wednesday of every month, at the Town Hall
(check in for updates!)
Next Meeting - Wednesday, February 10, 2016 — we expect this to be our final regular meeting before submitting the plan to the State for review.
Reviewing - Land Use, Policies and Implementation Strategies, Future Land Use Map
Roque Bluffs Comprehensive Plan Update
Roque Bluff's current Comprehensive Plan was written in 2001. Since then, much has changed and a great deal more information is available about Roque Bluffs. This includes the 2000 and 2010 Census, a record of civic investments, new and different businesses, and all kinds of digital (no longer just paper) maps of natural resources. The Comprehensive Plan Update pulls together information on a wide-range of community issues to assess trends and establish town policies. The Town of Roque Bluffs appointed a Comprehensive Plan Update Committee in June of 2014 and will actively meet over the course of the next 18+- months.
The Comprehensive Plan draft chapters will be posted below as they are developed and reviewed by the Comprehensive Plan Committee, and Washington County Council of Governments staff.
Ways in Which Roque Bluffs Community Members Can be Involved
Community members are invited to participate throughout the Comprehensive Plan Update process through a variety of means.
- The Comprehensive Plan Update Committee itself is composed of a broad cross section of individuals from the town including Planning Board, Select Board, and Clam Committee members, municipal officials, and representatives from local civic organizations.
- The activities and draft documents of the Comprehensive Plan Committee are posted on the web site of the Washington County Council of Governments as they are drafted, and public comments are welcome!
- Public input is solicited in several ways:
- A town-wide survey is mailed to all resident and non-resident property owners.
- Regular monthly meetings are open to the public, and the schedule is posted at the Town Hall.